Fellowship Square: Arts and Culture Grants
Fellowship Square is a new and open public space at the heart of Waltham Forest. It belongs to the communities of Waltham Forest and we want to invite all our residents to use it as a space to bring people together and celebrate the diversity of our borough.
Following the official opening on July 15th 2021 and a Summer programme of activity, we are now inviting residents to apply for funding to support activities in the square over the coming year. Successful applications will deliver arts and culture activities to attract a diverse range of residents to come to Fellowship Square and encourage them to watch or take part in inclusive cultural events.
You can bid for sums of between £1000 and £7000, and £40k is available in total; you will need to provide an overview of how this will be spent in your proposal.
The grants scheme has been designed to support arts and cultural activities taking place in Fellowship Square between March 2022 and March 2023. Examples could include:
- Live events, such as music, dance or theatre performances
- After-school clubs or activities for children, young people and families
- Community meals and food festivals
- Exhibitions and installations
- Creative workshops
Unfortunately, we cannot fund the following:
- Events that take place outside of Fellowship Square
- Events that do not take place between March 2022 and March 2023
- Profit-making activities
Make sure to read the guidance pack to learn about our funding priorities and site-specifics for Fellowship Square.
We will be accepting submissions from a range of groups, these include:
- Individual practitioners
- Artist collectives
- Community organisations, residents’ associations, and charities
- Schools and places of worship
You may also consider applying in a partnership, an artist collaborating with a school for example.
You will need to have a bank account in order to apply. You will also be asked to list two referees, who will be required to provide a statement on your suitability for the grant if you are successful.
Your project must take place in Fellowship Square in order to be eligible, however, we welcome submissions from organisations and practitioners who are based outside of the Borough.
Applications open: Monday 1st November
Application deadline: Sunday 19th December
The review panels will take place throughout January 2022 and we hope to announce the successful proposals by February 1st, with a view to projects beginning from March 2022.
How to apply
Login to your account if you have already started your application
Alternatively, you may make a submission by video. This can be up to five minutes in length and must address all four of the questions below:
- Tell us what you want to do/what is your idea?
- Tell us about you or your organisation’s links to Waltham Forest
- Discuss your recent experience in delivering similar projects
- How will your project respond to the grant priorities?
- How much will your activity cost and how would you spend the money?
- What impact do you hope your project would have locally?
Again please reference the guidance pack for more information on how to apply and our funding priorities.
We will be running a series of workshops and surgeries throughout November, allowing prospective applicants the opportunity to discuss any queries they have regarding making a submission.
Crate, 35 St James Street, E17 7FY
Wednesday 10 November 1pm-5pm
Arbeit Studios, 778-782 High Road Leyton, E10 6AE
Thursday 18 November, 4pm - 7pm
Friday Hall, 56 Friday Hill East, E4 6JT
Saturday 27 November, 1pm - 5pm
You will need to book in advance at www.wfculture.eventbrite.co.uk
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Make it Happen Grants” in the title.